Under direct supervision of Registered Nurse, provides nursing care within the scope of licensure for assigned patients according to established nursing standards and hospital policies and procedures.
· Under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse administers medication, performs treatments and patient care responsibilities as prescribed.
· Consults with and keeps Registered Nurse informed of activities, symptoms, reactions, and changes in the patient's condition with regard to assigned patients.
· Provides appropriate pain management techniques and educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
· Administers medication following the five rights of medication administration within scope of practice.
· Assists with the rehabilitation and treatment of patients in accordance with the medical plan of care, updates, and revises plan of care under the supervision of Registered Nurse.
· Assists physicians with examinations, treatments and special procedures and performs services requiring technical and manual skills as directed by the Registered Nurse.
· Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
· Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
· Assists with admitting, discharging and transferring of patients.
· Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family; communicates with Social Services/Discharge Planner regarding both in-hospital and post discharge needs.