ScionHealth is committed to a culture of service excellence as demonstrated by our employees’ adherence to the service excellence principles of Pride, Teamwork, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Fun, Professionalism, and Responsibility.
As our most acute level of care, our specialty hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
Under limited supervision, Directs the Respiratory Therapy Services of facilities within the market. Completes work assignments and additional tasks as directed by the Support Center Functional Lead. Plans, Directs and Monitors clinical and technical operations, functions, and resources of the Respiratory Therapy Departments. Assures departmental compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards. Coordinates, monitors, and maintains Key Performance Indicators, performance improvement activities, and National Quality Plan measures/targets and participates in hospital and market CQI initiatives.
- Responsible for initiating, leading, monitoring, maintaining/improving Respiratory Care quality and cost metric initiatives for the market.
- Responsible for planning, defining, and developing Respiratory Care’s scope of Practice, including planning, development, and implementation of new services.
- Develops, reviews, and revises hospital specific respiratory therapy policies and procedures. Reviews and revises addendums to Kindred CORE policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Effectively manages the departmental workforce which includes interviewing, hiring, orientation, performance evaluation, competency verification, staff education, scheduling, problem resolution, and disciplinary action. Dedicated to Hope, Healing and Recovery
- Responsible for ensuring adequate and efficient departmental staffing/scheduling to meet changing patient care needs.
- Responsible for effective departmental equipment and supply management including evaluation and justification of capital equipment, assuring equipment preventive maintenance and repair compliance, compliance to division supply guidelines and assuring facility respiratory equipment and supply needs are met.
- Monitors time and attendance, assuring salaries are appropriate and department operates within budgetary guidelines. Develops/implements efficient services or measures commensurate with the hospital’s Mission/Vision.
- Assures correct administration of respiratory medications and treatments based on the age of the patient and clinical conditions.
- Ensures staff is competent to perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical care errors including reading and implementing physician orders, drawing and analyzing arterial blood gases, reviewing patient information and determining requirements for appropriate treatment, and operating devices and equipment safely to ensure specified parameters.
- Schedules cardiopulmonary procedures for inside/outside sources. Maintains records/reports.
- Inspects and tests respiratory therapy equipment to ensure proper functioning and readiness for patient use.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Able to perform, train, evaluate performance and validate competency on all essential functions of the Respiratory Manager and Respiratory Therapist.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word-processing and
- Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
- Demonstrates knowledge of respiratory therapy and cardiology studies, treats patient
appropriately based upon professional standards.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, appropriate prioritization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 50%
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy or Administration
- Current Respiratory Therapy license from the appropriate state licensing body. Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential in compliance with the National Board for Respiratory Care Credential Maintenance Program (CMP). Current BLS and ACLS certifications
- Minimum five years of previous experience in all aspects of respiratory care services. Minimum four years management experience Experience managing a Point of Care ABG Lab preferred.