Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
The Licensed Respiratory Therapist, also known as Respiratory Care Practitioners, evaluates, treats and cares for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. Their primary responsibility is for all respiratory care therapeutic treatments and diagnostic procedures under the direction of the Licensed Independent Practitioner. Patient population served will range from 18 years to geriatric who are experiencing medically complex conditions and general cardiopulmonary conditions with rehabilitation needs. Active involvement with the primary physician and interdisciplinary team in developing the patient’s plan of care; assesses their respiratory disorders to improve their optimal functional level of independence and establishes and administers a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the patient’s capacity and tolerance.
The Licensed Respiratory Therapist (RRT/CRT):
- Evaluates, treats and cares for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders.
- Active involvement with the primary physician and interdisciplinary team in developing the patients plan of care;
- Assesses their respiratory disorders to improve their optimal functional level of independence
- Establishes and administers a treatment program with specific goals determined according to the patients capacity and tolerance.
- Conduct physician-prescribed treatments of a routine nature.
- Perform chest physical therapy treatments which involve percussion, postural drainage or suctioning; perform airway management including trach tube changes, Passy-Muir Valve monitoring, and intubation or extubating; set up, operate and monitor ventilators.
- Record patient treatment, education and response to care.
- Submit accurate billing and documentation in accordance with RT protocol, company policy and state/federal regulations.
- Conduct in-servicing and competency testing of nursing staff.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
$32 / hrQualifications
- Ability to project a professional image
- Possess knowledge of functions of Cardiopulmonary department and the quality standards requirements as outlined by CIHQ, the Joint Commission, Department of Health for the State of employment and Federal regulatory standards as outlined by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS)
- Knowledge and experience in the needs of patients ranging in age from 18 to geriatric
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; excellent writing and speaking skills
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Documentation of education – high school diploma or GED
- Associates degree in Respiratory Care from an accredited Respiratory Care Education program required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must maintain current license in the state of employment
- CRT, RRT or LRT licensure required (Licensed Respiratory Therapist (LRT) is required for Louisiana)
- Must maintain current Provider CPR and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification throughout employment