$10,000.00 Sign on bonus
ScionHealth is committed to a culture of service excellence as demonstrated by our employees’ adherence to the service excellence principles of Pride, Teamwork, Compassion, Integrity, Respect, Fun, Professionalism, and Responsibility.
As our most acute level of care, our specialty hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
The Pharmacy Manager serves as the Pharmacist in Charge as defined by the State Board of Pharmacy, and reports to the Market Director of Pharmacy. The Pharmacy Manager is responsible for supervision of daily departmental work activities and assigned staff, including work schedules and assignments. Serves as a pharmacist and carries out the dispensing and clinical functions of that job description. Develops and implements systems and processes to ensure regulatory compliance, continuous quality assurance and performance improvement, and staff workflows. Acts as a resource to staff regarding education, orientation, and standard operating procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Guides and assures the effective job performance of the professional, technical, and clerical staff.
- Performs hiring, orientation, and training of department staff for their specific job descriptions.
- Assures adequate and proper staffing, including on-call, of all operations of the department to maintain optimum staff productivity, efficiency, and training.
- Performs evaluations, recognition, disciplinary action and performance improvement plans for assigned direct reports.
- Accurately records and maintains information required by federal regulations, state laws, and department policy.
- Functions as a hospital department leader and promotes teamwork in the department and multidisciplinary team(s).
- Member of hospital quality improvement committees to include formulary, medication management, and medication safety.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date patient profiles via computer order entry.
- Provides accurate and timely drug information.
- Follows established policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Performs drug procurement, distribution, preparation, and clinical monitoring procedures.
- Compounds, packages, labels, and dispenses drugs and intravenous admixture solutions.
- Reviews and confirms accuracy of work performed by technical and pharmacy intern support personnel.
- Reviews prescribed drug therapy for appropriateness, effectiveness, and safety based on specific data such as age of patient, disease state, and clinical status.
- Collects and analyzes data for use in quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Provides administrative support to Market Director of Pharmacy.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, TJC, CMS, FDA, DEA, and state requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with positive relationships with coworkers and customers.
- Good general health and stress coping ability.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty.
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patients and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age-appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Full mobility and ability to participate in normal activity.
- Demonstrates ability to speak and hear to communicate with patients, physicians, hospital personnel and the public.
- Near vision acuity for accurate reading and ability to inspect and analyze work.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 0%
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS or PharmD from accredited School of Pharmacy required.
- Current Pharmacist licensure in state where hospital is located. BLS within 90 days of hire.
- Minimum of one year of pharmacist experience required. Hospital experience strongly preferred.