Opportunities available for dedicated, highly motivated and skilled professionals who can help Andalusia Health grow while providing excellence patient care.
You will follow prescribed techniques to administer general and specific X-rays, adjust equipment, determine proper voltage, current and desired exposure time, arrange immobilization and support devices for patient, etc. Provide patient services using imaging modalities.
- Prepare patient for X-ray: explain procedures to patient and/or family: prepare room, equipment, medicine and materials as needed
- Prepare barium mixture and other chemicals for X-ray
- Observe patient and machine during procedure; report unusual occurrences and record patient's condition
- Determine technique for ionizing radiation during radiological exams
- Review X-ray digital images in accordance with photographic techniques; assist Lead Technologist in maintaining radiographic technique charges
- Clean and disinfect X-ray room and equipment; maintain stock supplies; inspect emergency trays; write weekly reports
- Provide education for staff/peers based on identified needs